Sunday, March 29, 2009

3rd treatment

Thursday I felt much better, the infection turning into a slight cold. Thursday night at choir David Archuleta sang "Be Still My Soul" to us and it was truly comforting and beautiful. Friday was a teacher workday for the end of the quarter and I managed to get all my grades in - hurray! I met Andrea at IMC for my third treatment at 3:00. It was uneventful. Saturday I felt very tired and a little blue. But we were able to get our taxes done by my brother and attend my daughter-in-law's play. Today I went to choir and rehearsal afterwards. Again, I was tired but got through it. The one snag at the moment is that my red blood cell count is low - I'm anemic. The number is supposed to be 38-45 and mine is 26.8. If it drops below 25 I would need a blood transfusion, which could actually make me feel better. With conference coming up this week and my son's wedding next week, I'm a little worried about my energy level. They will check my blood again on April 6 and we'll see what is happening with my blood.

1 comment:

Janice said...

Thanks for sharing your experiences, Debbie. You are a great trooper - teaching, singing, etc.
You are in my prayers, and I put your name in the temple often.
Keep smiling!
Love,
Janice