Friday, August 14, 2009

Here comes SCHOOL

It has been an awesome summer! We returned on August 9 from our trip to Alaska and Seattle. We stayed with our daughter and her family in Eagle River, a suburb of Anchorage. It was great to see our grandkids and catch up with Krystal and Angel. We all took a 4 day vacation to Homer. Wow, it is gorgeous down there. Krystal's broken ankle is healing well and she got her boot off a few days after we left there. On Aug. 1 we landed in Seattle to visit Gary's Mom who lives in Bremerton. She is pretty lonely since Dad passed away in May. We really enjoyed the time spent with her.

My health was good all summer. I still have lots of hot flashes and bone pain because of the hormone blocker. I want to ask Dr. Beck about that when I see her on Aug. 27. But overall, I have felt great. What a blessing to get up every morning and do whatever I want or have to do!!

The strange thing that has happened is that I no longer have a hyper thyroid. I have been fighting that and worrying about it for several years. I was planning to have my thyroid removed when I found out about the breast cancer. Obviously the thyroid surgery was put on hold. Well, since the chemo therapy and radiation my thyroid levels have become normal! I was on methimazole to block my thyroid but now I am off of that and just watching to see what happens in the next 6 weeks.

I went to school today and worked for 4 hours. My meetings start on Aug. 20 and school starts on the 26th. Everyone was surprised to see my very short hair style. But of course, they all said they love it (what could they say...). It feels good to leave the wig at home and feel the wind blowing in my hair :-)

No comments: