Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The Wedding

My son Daniel married Jessica Sims on Friday April 10 in the Salt Lake Temple. It was a wonderful day. I arrived at the temple at 7:30am. The ceremony was at 8:20. Then we took pictures on the Temple grounds with family and friends till about 10:30. I drove home to get the eclairs for the lunch and went to the church to help set up the food catered by Jason's Deli. After lunch I went home and slept for 2 hours because by then I was really tired. We were back at the church at 5:00pm for pictures and the reception went from 6-8:00pm. It was great to see so many friends and family who came to support us. I had a stool to sit on for the line but didn't use it too much because the line broke up at about 7 to cut the cake, throw the bouquet, etc. and never formed again. I sang a song for the bride and groom to dance to called "Valentine". My wig was a hit. My roommate from college said, "It's so great you didn't lose your hair!" I replied, "Uh... yes I did." She was surprised. Dan and Jessica were so happy and in love. It was fun to watch them enjoy the party. They left about 8:30 and I left about 9:30, utterly exhausted but grateful that I made it through the day with grace and energy.
My last treatment is next Monday with a pre-treatment doctor's appointment this Thursday. The end is in sight!

1 comment:

Jane said...

I'm taking a paper break. Just wanted to tell you I love you :)